1 1/2 C sugar
1 C unsalted butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 t almond extract
1 t vanilla
1/2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
2 1/2 C flour
1/2 C butter, softened
3 1/2 C powdered sugar
1 t almond extract
3-5 T milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese, sugar, and egg until nice and frothy, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the vanilla and almond extract, and mix.
3. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and stir.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat for about 2 minutes.
5. Press the dough into a large jelly roll pan (large cookie sheet pan with high sides).
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
7. Let the pan cool completely. While they are cooling, you can make the frosting.
8. In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, beat the butter until creamy, about 1 minute.
9. Add the powdered sugar, almond extract, and 3 T milk. Mix for 2 minutes until smooth. Add more milk as needed to get the right consistency. You want it spreadable but also want it to set up good.
10. Frost your pan of cookies and decorate with sprinkles. Cut cookies into bars. Enjoy!